Thursday, January 27, 2011

* Introduction *


The beginning always seems like a good place to start. Being that it’s the start of the 2011 year, spring semester, new classes, and my last semester at Stout I would say this counts as the beginning of the end in a sort. With every new beginning there should always come an introduction.

My name is Jessica Olson but most people call me Jessi of just plain Jess. I in all honesty can’t remember the last time anyone called me Jessica. I’ll be 23 for about another week then I’ll be celebrating the second anniversary of my 22nd birthday. (It was a good year so I’ve decided that I’ll just keep celebrating it until I can’t fake it anymore). As I briefly mentioned earlier I’m a senior at the University of Wisconsin Stout and will be graduating in May assuming all goes as planned. That being said along with this class I’m enjoying the challenges of senior studio this semester, which should keep me pretty busy.

As far as for this class, while I really love color in photographs (which is one of my other passions), I love monotones/gray scales. I love the depth that is created by allowing your mind to imagine and paint the colors into a setting or situation that has been provided. I also love felt tip pens and creating strictly black and while images that give the appearance of depth depending on the intensity of the mark. Other than that I would the majority of my drawing style depends on the type of mood I’m in. Another small tid-bit about me is: I usually have my headphones in when I draw otherwise I have a tendency to get distracted.








Last but not least I’m going to start/end this post with an apology. I will be the first to admit I’m not an English major, so while I will do my best on my blog posts my spelling and grammar probably leave a lot to be desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment